Baby Girl Birthday: stars and hearts

Friday, July 11, 2014
We had the season of baby girl birthdays here in June and July. It was fun for them and for me!


For little girl turning 2, she loves stars and hearts. She wants you to draw them, she wants to color them, and she wants to say them. 


All the flowers came from our yard. I was so impressed! My husband has worked very hard in the yard the last few years and it shows. 


I bought small wooden hearts and stars at the craft store and my girls and I used watercolors to paint them. After they dried, we glued sequins on. I used these on the table and the cakes. Plus, it was a fun activity a 2 and 5 year old could do together. 


I finally broke down and bought lots of clear glass jelly jars. It was time. I used them here for flowers but have already used them for straws, forks and more flowers. Good decision. 


We had hotdogs for lunch and I ( or rather I put my mom and dad to work on it) cut out stars from the watermelon. They were cute and festive. 


Our cake was coconut cake and it was something special. Divine. 


I had a new cake plate to bust out. Love the color. I found stars and hearts glow sticks and put them in a jar near the cake. The party hats were decorated with stars and hearts. 


My older daughter made the fabric weaving a few days before and wanted to use it for sisters cake. Sweet. I also made chocolate cake in tin cans. I had seen it on pinterest and wanted to try it. It was fun to experiment and my cake was good. They were a tad tall and wanted to tip over. Either way, my daughters got a kick out of so many candles to blow out.


Happy 2 year old birthday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...