overwhelmed by life, color and blessings

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

By definition, overwhelm means this:

a : to cover over completely : submerge
b : to overcome by superior force or numbers


c : to overpower in thought or feeling

I find this interesting. Parts of my life have been overwhelming me lately. I feel submerged.

I saw a cheesy movie recently but it had some really great ideas. Within the story, the wife had been trying to get pregnant for some time and it just didn't seem like it was going to happen. In the end, she got pregnant and she was sharing with her husband. He then spoke through tears and said, " I am overwhelmed." It gave me my first picture that overwhelmed can be a good thing. 

In my tinkering with the definition of the word overwhelm, I have found that it can be a blessing. This is a new color on my back door. Overwhelming! However, I am overwhelmed by shockingly good color. Golden Cricket by Behr, FYI. 




How about this song? You are overwhelming me. Ahh. The Lord is heaping His peace on us. 





I want to be overwhelmed by the goodness of God.




May the Lord bless you with feeling overwhelmed today by His goodness and peace.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...