Jesus, the healing balm and the Holy Family

Thursday, January 3, 2013
Holy Family- Mary, Joseph and Jesus
I had these out and about before December 25th. And I don't take my decor down until Epiphany, so these peeps are still on my mantle. I am a little sad to see them packed away until next year.


Holy Family

back and bottom of Mary


Jesus with some chapstick to give you an idea of the size. Jesus is the healing balm:)

And upon looking up the word balm, I discovered more to the meaning of balm. Balm means a soothing, fragrant oil. This then lead me to 2 Corinthians 2:15:

15 For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.
Its neat to think of us being a fragrant offering, a reminder to others that we represent Christ and we bring an endearing smell.  I remember my mom talking about Tea Olives when I was little. Oh, what a sweet smell. We had one by our garage growing up and I have since planted several in my yard. She liked to think heaven smelled like tea olives. I like that thought and it connects my past with my future and keeps me grounded in my present. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...