Falled up the place

Thursday, October 25, 2012

I recently wrote a post about outside fall decorating here. I pinned all these great ideas and then when it came down to it, I realized it would cost me a small fortune to outfit my whole front porch with pumpkins. However, I bought new flowers for my pots and it really falled up the place. Yes, falled, as in spruced up the place...? Its reaching, I know.

The galvanized pots my husband found underneath the house after we moved in. The former owners were into flowers, plants, trees and especially camellias. Lucky for us! He, of the past homeowners, brought cameliias in from California and grafted some in to already existing camellias. He also tagged each tree, which some of the names can still be seen. Its fun to walk around the yard and try to find the tags and ohh  and ahh over the names. And the point was..... Oh, yes, the pots. I have 2 in front and 2 on my back steps.
crotan, pentas, marigold, sweet potato vine, tea olive, dusty miller, lariope

I am also thinking of putting more eye popping pillows on the chairs out front. These are the two fabrics I have been looking at...

this picture does not do this fabric justice...

So, thats the end. Happy Thursday. In and out of sleep this morning, I thought it was Saturday... weird. And to see autumn inspired front door decor( say it 3 times and its yours!) check out my Autumn Board.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...